Learning outside of the regular school setting is important to us. To give students opportunities to expand and apply their learning, extracurricular activities and experiences are meaningfully integrated into the freshman and sophomore teams. Additionally, AIS regularly hosts and plans other events such as the annual CHS CultureFest.
Model UN Conferences
Each year, the AIS 10th Grade classes have the opportunity to travel to Washington, DC. This trip will include participation in a Model UN Conference as well as visits to globally-focuses sites. Preparation, research and writing components are required regardless of attendance at the conference itself. This work is completed as a part of their Civics and English courses leading up to the trip. Site visits to the United States Institute for Peace and other Washington DC attractions are also incorporated into the visit. Partial and full scholarships available in order to ensure that all students have an opportunity to participate.
During their Junior and/or Senior years, students are strongly encouraged to participate in at least one of the many international trips offered by various groups at CHS. In the past, students have visited the Dominican Republic, China, Ecuador, Spain, France, Nicaragua, and others. These trips vary year to year, as do their objectives. Some are focused more on service learning, while others are more tour/sightseeing based. Please see the sponsors of the trips for more information.
Our 2018-2019 Experience (for 10th grade)
10th Grade Trip Details
- "WAMUNC" [Wash., DC Area Model UN Conference]
- LINK to Conference
- Main Contact - Jamie Schendt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dates: March 20th to March 24th, 2019
- Preparation, research and writing components are required regardless of attendance at the conference itself
- Site visits -- United States Institute for Peace; United States Holocaust Memorial Museum; etc.
- Estimated cost (subject to change): ~$650